Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Updates!

Hurrah for getting things done! (Yes, my school work was finished first mom...) So we have decided on some things, thought about others, and investigated and sampled others (yumm). And the verdict is:

1. We are getting cakettes from Cakeology for our wedding favours. One will be brown chocolate and the other white with a white J or brown V on them and hopefully purple cake. We'll see about the colours. If you don't know what cakettes are, you're missing out! It's basically cake that has been dropped on the floor (kidding!!) then munched up and mixed with icing then dipped in chocolate or fondant and are amazing!!

2. We had a cake consult with High Tea Bakery last week and are checking out Cake Studio Monday, November 15th. I have a feeling we'll go with Cake Studio but they're both great bakery's. Just Cake Studio doesn't charge PER sugar flower while High Tea wants $35+ PER FLOWER!! Ouch! But their cakes are beautiful and almost worth it. Hopefully Cake Studio tastes better somehow then it will be ok.

3. We have a consultation with Platinum Productions to be our DJ. Included in their package are 2 LED lights too. Oooohhh shiney :D At the wedding show they were the most professional. Although, the first time I called them to ask questions they were kind of rude and thought I was crazy for wanting to book so early. They were much better this time and we'll see how the consult goes but we'll probably book them.

4. I'm probably going to skip the harp for the ceremony and just get a mixer and other thingy from the hotel  so we can play music with an iPod. That way we can have nice songs and not worry about what the harpist knows how to play and finding a singer.

5. We are doing save the date magnets. Just pricing them now. This also means we need to work on the guest list some more and have a rough draft so we know how many to get. This is the hard part, not because I don't know who to invite, I'm already done, but because Ji's family is huge and he's not sure to invite or who's kids are who's and what not. So when I can drag him away from his games, I'll get him to go over his rough draft.

6. Rena has been a huge help in starting to find some songs for the wedding. I have my first dance and a few other big moment songs picked out.

7. There's probably more but I can't think of it right now. Just so many details swimming around. Sorry there aren't any pictures this time but it's hard to take pictures of a DJ or stuff I've booked. Hence the links, they have the pictures.

There are still quite a few things I need to work out but a bunch of those I won't have to worry about until January. Like chair covers, centre pieces, invitation wording, my shoes, earrings, hair (though Rena has found me some awesome hair styles already) gifts for everyone, and stuff. Right now I'm worrying about Christmas and knitting my little fingers off to get some gifts finished. I'm surprised how ahead I am in wedding planning and Christmas gift making. Everything is going quite awesome this year :)

I'll blog again when I know more.

~Ginny

0 comments:

Post a Comment